The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

servers

Go down 
+7
AfterLife
AntoniusPompel
Aero
wowz0rs
Animal
jared915
Cap'n
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Cap'n
Leader
Leader
Cap'n

CoD2 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
CoD2 1.2 Player

servers Empty
PostSubject: servers   servers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 pm

do not know if anyone has noticed but all 1.3 servers are gone with the exception of Marns, Ibeleave this is the end of all 1.3servers 898579servers 465266
Back to top Go down
jared915

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 pm

There could be more then 1 options.

1.) 1.3 is finally dead.
2.) someone could have accidently unplugged the servers
3.) someone could have spilled something
4.) could just be a maintinence problem.
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm

*EVIL*Animal: are servers gunna be back or is 1.3 done?
Tdi-WaHo: no
Tdi-WaHo: they are working on it
Tdi-WaHo: windows crashed on the main box
Tdi-WaHo: that box that went down was running for 18 months non stop
Tdi-WaHo: so i was told
Tdi-WaHo: but they are working on it
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 pm

I felt bad, so I tried a remake the ownt rifle server. Be aware your ping maybe in the 100s.

Update: I got an error codes while hosting the server. It went fine couple of times, but I cannot complete one full rounds. Here is the error:

Code:

Sending heartbeat to codmaster.activision.com
error message too long when translated: "Info string length exceeded
key: 'protocol'
value: '4'
Info string:
\challenge\aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
"
ERROR: Info string length exceeded
Info string:
\challenge\aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
---------------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Hitch warning: 867 msec frame time
Hitch warning: 813 msec frame time

I feel like codmaster.activision.com wants these servers off. Therefore it must be a complete dedication and non-authorized-required server in order to play properly. For some reason, I have a hunch that someone is doing this. (not me of course -_-) You guys notice the stupidly long a's? That is not normal which causes the server to compute until it crashes obviously.
Back to top Go down
jared915

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:15 pm

The Animal wrote:
*EVIL*Animal: are servers gunna be back or is 1.3 done?
Tdi-WaHo: no
Tdi-WaHo: they are working on it
Tdi-WaHo: windows crashed on the main box
Tdi-WaHo: that box that went down was running for 18 months non stop
Tdi-WaHo: so i was told
Tdi-WaHo: but they are working on it

wowz0rs wrote:
I felt bad, so I tried a remake the ownt rifle server. Be aware your ping maybe in the 100s.

Update: I got an error codes while hosting the server. It went fine couple of times, but I cannot complete one full rounds. Here is the error:

Code:

error message too long when translated: "Info string length exceeded
Info string:
"
ERROR: Info string length exceeded
Info string:

----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
---------------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Hitch warning: 867 msec frame time
Hitch warning: 813 msec frame time

I feel like codmaster.activision.com wants these servers off. Therefore it must be a complete dedication and non-authorized-required server in order to play properly. For some reason, I have a hunch that someone is doing this. (not me of course -_-) You guys notice the stupidly long a's? That is not normal which causes the server to compute until it crashes obviously.

Alright. Well from reading what Animal posted. It does seem to make sense that servers that were located on a Windows box are gone. Which means that the only servers that are up are running on either a Linux server box or different server providers. (maybe. i do have some knowledge of Linux machines)

And wowz0rs, are you creating an internet server where everyone can join? if so then that might be your problem with the Windows server down. when you creat a server on the internet where everyone can find it and join, the server is added to the Windows Server box that they have setup. with it being down could be your main issue of why you are getting the error; or you could be doing something wrong while creating the server. double check your work just to make sure.

or the Server provider is having issues.

In simple terms.

1.) Windows Server is down
or
2.) Server Provider is the one thats down. <--------------------- Most likely this one.

Last edited by jared915 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aero
Sergeant - 1.3
Sergeant - 1.3
Aero

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:36 pm

man if 1.3 is gone rite now,,, idk wat i'll do
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:02 am

my problem is that everything is fine and dandy on my side. I ping the codmaster.activision.com (assuming this is where people authorize). This is what i got

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\vilhelm>ping codmaster.activision.com

Pinging cod01.activision.com [63.146.124.59] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.146.124.59:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\wvilehlm>

I see that there is a problem. But then again. It doesn't make sense. How does are other servers in CoD. Since almost all servers must go through codmaster.activision.com. Maybe they deliberately did this and need to find a way to do it for the linuxes as well. I'll peak around the ones that are still up...

Update: Ok, not only the codmaster.activision.com is a problem, but also vcodservers.com as well. Most of you should know that most server owners host their servers here. But:
servers Rtjpki

This shows that one of the still standing server. Notice the IP and the ad on the bottom. After some research (as the no life I am since I LOVE snooping in other peoples stuff) I can see that there server is hosted on server4.vcod.com. I pinged it and the response was perfect (0% loss).
I noticed that Ownt~Rifles server is also hosted off vcodservers.com. But it doesn't stand. This maybe due to the Windows problem, NOT server provider problem.

Update 2: Which leads to my second problem... how can I not be able to host a server. There must be a connection between the codmaster.activision.com and the vcod servers.
Back to top Go down
AntoniusPompel
Ret.non-commissioned officer
AntoniusPompel

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 am

this right here my friend is all Obamas fault servers Icon_twisted servers Icon_twisted plain and simple servers 231202
Back to top Go down
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: servers   servers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:51 am

@ Cake: Agreed Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5