The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

cod wont load

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 pm

ill double click sod mp and it freezes and it says theirs a promblem. looked for a server cache cant find one of those. any help? im supposed to scrim at 8... ahhh
Back to top Go down
Networkz.inc

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 pm

scrim practice went to hell.
idk what was going on, and or scrim, nobody was on but dingo, and romo was on but he dissapeared.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:59 pm

I was there for a bit too.. but I'm under the influence of a Migraine so...

I have noticed Pap that since the latest Xfire Update.. cod has been laggy.. and not loading right.. Not sure if this is a global Bug.. or just me =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:52 pm

dat right me networkz and half of vixen was there: respect (song r-e-s-p-e-ct u know what u mean to me respect)
Back to top Go down
peterson
Corporal - 1.5
Corporal - 1.5
peterson

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 pm

it said there was 6 people in there??? lol
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

i was on and i got a 1sgt score. i was about to head into the scrim server then my dad came home and i left.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 pm

well i double click cod mp and it wont even go to the grey screen that says join a game, multiplayer option, start a server, quit, ect. it just says something went wrong and its frozen. error report comes up. i uninstalled cod, restarted, and reinstalled and i have the same problem. if i cant fix this, it may be the end of cod for me.. help
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 pm

yea.. Its been doing it for me too.. I'm not sure whats up.. it takes it 5 minutes to load CoD... it sucks..

So hang in there hopefully it will auto fix..
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:55 am

delete your servercache.dat in your cod folder where the codmp.exe is located

and the _CODMP_ file
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:08 pm

pete there were a couple-doa people and one turned out 2 be divine i later found out, and vixxy used some tricks
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:38 pm

i deleted the srver cache, but the codmp file i cannot find... unless you mean this:
cod wont load F41cox
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:39 pm

its still doesnt load form the icon, i have to load thru xfire
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:44 pm

dont delete the .exe, maybe your shortcut on the desktop is wrong or something. I dunno, usually deleting the servercache.dat fixes 99.9% of the problems. the other 0.1% needs a reinstall.
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 pm

i completely reinstalled.... still no good. idk what to do with this.
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:46 pm

define uninstallation? Did u just click the uninstall icon? That leaves alot of registry still intact that may cause the error. I recommend CCleaner. Uninstall it usually, delete the folder if there is one, and use ccleaner and config the options to all of them, if when u click an option and a pop up box appears click no and move to the next option. Then press clean. It might take a while if this is ur first time. THEN go to the registry option, click scan for issues, then fix them by usually deleting all of the issues, then repeat the scan because some registry are interconnected with one another. Then cclean again. Finally restart your computer and install the game.
Back to top Go down
Networkz.inc

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 pm

wowzor, i think your going to have to explain where some of these things are located...
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 am

i have no idea what ccleaner is. or how to get it. but me and speak spent hours trying to figure this out. i deleted every cod file i could find. unistalled from every location. i also followed the thread on this website on how to uninstall. rebooted and still same problem. here are some things me and speak found out:
1. cod will start thru Xfire, and if you right click the desktop codmp button and select "open as administrator," it will open. but if you try to open codmp via double click on desktop or thru cdrive it will not. a message comes up asking to play in safe mode. i click no (or yes). then the screen gos black and it says codmp has detected a problem, when windows finds a solution it will let you know. you click ok, and it exits. also, vent does not work in cod mp now. i have cod thru an original disc version. when i double click the single player option, it opens fine and vent will work during it. ive deleted server caches and deleted from recycle bin. something is killing me here and i cant figure it out. neither me or speak have found a solution yet. im sorry this is so long but its necessary. also this problem started when someone hit a telephone pole down the street and i CI'ed during gameplay. when power was restored.... this is what i was left with. if youve read this far, im sorry. any inputs?
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 am

Wow, ccleaner is. Pretty common (google-able) program. Papalones, deleting files is not good enough. Users must clean registry as well. If the problem persists the operating system is the problem. (xfire may bpass the error involving manually stArting the program.

Also ccleaner is free.

It also sounds like the problem network connectivity of ur cod. Since when u start to play cod online, it firsts checks ur ip address to see if it is the one u register the cd key with. Maybe that disconnect u HAd caused some kind of corruption.

Lastly, check for viruses and other malware using ur antivirus. If u don't have one google some free ones
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 am

Papalone;

CCleaner can be found here.

Also if you need a anti-virus for free...
I would suggest AVG which can be found here.

Now I'm thinking you have but not sure...
Have you followed these instructions to the "T"?

Now I would also suggest checking to see where xfire is loading CoD from.. You can do this by...
1. Opening the main xfire interface (where all your friends are listed)
2. Click on "Tools" and go to "Options" and select the "Games Tab"
3. It will now "Detect all installed games" once that finishes it will display all the installed games.
4. Select "Call of Duty Multiplayer" and see what the game path is. It will be displayed on the right next to the game name (pic included below)
5. Copy down the game path and go find it in your computer.
6. Try launching CoD from the game path you found above.

Now another two things you can try are these:
1. Try launching CoD MP from the Single player Main Menu.

2. Try launching CoD MP from the CD's option menu.

Let me know if any of those work if not let me know. And we shall try something else.

~Vix
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:24 pm

thanks vix for that neat way of putting. i felt like these people knew what these things are...
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:13 pm

c:\progra~2\callof~1 <--- that is my game path but when i type that into the searchbar at the start menu, it shows no results. but in my cdrive program files if i try to open it from the cod folder, i get the same problem. the only way that i can open cod is by right clicking cod and opening as admin or thru also thru xfire. or thru cd option menu

1.i followed the directions to the absolute T.

2.switching via single player does NOT work.

3.cod option menu WILL open multiplayer but as usual vent will not work while in cod

i shall try out this ccleaner when i get some more free time and let you know how this turns out
Back to top Go down

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 pm

omg... i ccleaned it and followed the steps you gave me wowzors.. problem still exists.i think another program is doing this or cod is corrupt idk what else to do
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Well the good thing is you can play cod still lol...

DO you have Vista?

If so run Vent as Admin to get it to work in game =]
Back to top Go down
wowz0rs
wowz0rs

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 pm

Vista is definitely not the problem for I am using Vista with latest updates. All I did is disable UAC (User Account Control) from control panel. Nothing else like compatibility modes or run as administration. Also I can multitask (running ventrilo and Call of Duty at the same time) without any problems

Try updating your PC's operating system. Now the issue is upon your operating system.

Then again... it could be XFires fault. But it might be risky to uninstall it.

Definitely a clean re-installation of your operating system would fix the problem according to the information you have provided. But it is a hassle and time consuming and impossible with the proper use of backing up your data.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:30 am

That would be a definite last resort wowzors.. you would have to back everything up and everything else..

Papalone,
I would suggest attempting to run Vent as admin and trying to play CoD. I have other friends who used Vista that had that exact same problem. And all they did was run as admin and it worked.

Also if you can launch Mp via xfire or off the disk.. then I would just suggest doing that. (I always launch via xfire)...

Just remember.. If it works.. why tinker with it.. cause then it might not work..

~Vix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cod wont load Empty
PostSubject: Re: cod wont load   cod wont load Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cod wont load
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next