The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

slayer's pwnage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 am

/serverinfo
or
/serverstatus
(not sure which)then
/tell # message
to send a private message
(this is an extremely useful player-to-player communication which appears on only the receiving player's display)

please, try to understand quake3's engine and take <5 minutes to adjust ownt's rifle server and your personal settings

accordingly

server(ownt rifles)...

/sv_fps 25

/sv_maxrate 25000

client(you)...

/snaps 25

/cl_maxpackets 100

/com_maxfps 125

/r_displayrefresh 125

a brief explaination...

in call of duty, player's positions are updated by default at 8 millisecond intervals

8 milliseconds is the exact amount of time between each frame when framerate(measured in frames per second[FPS]) is locked at

||player position update intervals can be altered by the server using "/pmove_msec #" in conjunction with "/pmove_fixed 1"

but any number other than 8 complicates the optimization/synchronization algorithm beyond what i will explain in this post||

125 FPS can be achieved by this command: /com_maxfps 125

use "/cg_drawfps 1" to assure your computer supports a steady 125 FPS and "/cg_drawfps 0" to remove the guage from your

display (note: if you cannot maintain 125 FPS then "/com_maxfps 100" is your next best option and if that fails then you're

best configuration is "/com_maxfps 50")

/snaps sets the number of updates the server sends to each client in one second(labeled 'snapshots'). "/snaps 25" allows for

smooth 50, 100, 125, 200, 250, 500 and 1000 FPS values(although, anything above 125 FPS is useless while "/pmove_msec 8".

also, numbers below 125 FPS are less efficient than 125 while "/pmove_msec 8") because this provides a steady interpolation

ratio(measured in frames:snapshots[CVAR equivelent: /com_maxfps:/snaps]). for example: 125/25 = 5/1 which means 1 snapshot

holds 5 frames

/cl_maxpackets sets the number of updates each client sends to the server per second(labeled 'packets'). "/cl_maxpackets 100"

allows for any framerate because interpolation ratios are automatically calculated/fluxuated by the game's engine(like

frames:snapshots, frames:packets[CVAR equivelent: /com_maxfps:/cl_maxpackets] is better with evenly divising ratios. for

example: 125:100 = 5/4 which means 4 packets carry 5 frames. frames must be send as complete frames(whole numbers) so

interpolation takes effect. every 4th packet carries 2 frames while packets 1, 2 and 3 each carry 1 frame

packets:snaps ratio: for our 125 FPS configuration, 100 packets to 25 snaps is functional and allows for 100 FPS users to

play without causing lag. 100:25 is 4 packets for every 1 snapshot which means 4 updates are sent to the server for every 1

update that is received by the client. thus, the server uses 4 packets to update itself for every 1 snapshot it sends to each

client and a snapshot received by a client contains 4 packets worth of information which may be 100 or 125 FPS(or another

value)

/pmove_msec 10 allows for /com_maxfps 100 to flow perfectly, /pmove_msec 9 allows for /com_maxfps 111, /pmove_msec 3 allows

for /com_maxfps 333 and /pmove_msec 1 allows for /com_maxfps 1000

idealy, every client uses the same frames, packets and snapshots
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vcodslayer
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 am

Surprisingly... this actually makes sense to me Wink
Back to top Go down

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:02 am

y does he never post, then suddenly comes up with this........

THERE ARE OTHER TOPICS YOU KNOW!.
nice text dude, i understood all 5% of it
Back to top Go down

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:01 am

i lost you at slayer pwnage
Back to top Go down
Zilch

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:25 pm

^
Back to top Go down
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:56 am

i've come to realize that this information is quite senseless

my favorite way to play is........

com_maxfps 333

cl_maxpackets 37

snaps 37

r_displayrefresh 111

Smile
Back to top Go down
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:47 pm

/cl_maxpackets 25

/com_maxfps 250 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Crabby
Colonel
Colonel

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:51 pm

I Wish I Understood.
Ugh.. I Need To Take Some Computer Classes
So I Can At Leat Understand.

<---Nub
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/?sk=requests#!/profile.php?
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:25 pm

LOL.. Most of all that made sense to me Lick
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm

slayer's pwnage 793901
Vixen wrote:
LOL.. Most of all that made sense to me Lick

/cl_maxpackets 25 plus /com_maxfps 250 equal warping(lag)

LOVVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 pm

pssh!

Last edited by vcodslayer on Fri May 20, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted in haste)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

slayer's pwnage Empty
PostSubject: Re: slayer's pwnage   slayer's pwnage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

slayer's pwnage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ownt Gaming Community :: Main :: Technology/Gaming-
Jump to: