The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Empty
PostSubject: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:03 pm

This afternoon I tried to come on and play for awhile, but repeatedly ran into an error message telling me that the multiplayer .exe file for COD wasn't working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still nothing. Then I dl'd a patch for it, but I'm now playing on 1.5. Can someone tell me if there's a patch to correct my .exe file problem that will allow me to continue playing 1.3 with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:14 am

yea everyone has been getting that i think.. delete the servercache and it should work Big Grin
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:28 am

delete the whole file, including the folder? And btw, I've already dl'd the patch, so I'm on 1.5 now; assuming deleting the cache will help, do you have any suggestions for getting back to 1.3? Thanks Ani Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:56 am

umm just get the 1.3 downgrade patch Big Grin
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:19 am

Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file 372458 Thanks Ani lol Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Ok Ani, or whoever, I've got another question. I just dl'd the 1.3 patch, but I'm still running 1.5, and I can't seem to find that file download to delete it Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file 326508 Any suggestions where the 1.5 patch would be so I can delete it, or anything else I could try? Maybe Vix would convert the squad to 1.5 so all of you just come to me..... Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_question lol
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:04 pm

i have a feeling the clan will stay in 1.3 till it ends, but, after you dl'd the patch you did run it right and let it downgrade, like double click what you dl'd and follow instructions, other than that it should work, the 1.5 patch installs new files and edits others, so you cant really just delete anything...

hope i helped

~Ownt|Animal~
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:55 pm

I think I did that, but it still brings up 1.5....I'll run the download again just to be sure. If that doesn't work I'll uninstall and reinstall again to eliminate the patch.

Thanks Ani Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Tried the 1.3 patch again, still wanted to run 1.5, so I did a system backup to how it was on Fri. Now I'll just go and delete the server cache like you originally suggested, and everything should work fine. Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
YONATAN1000
Double Clanner
YONATAN1000

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 pm

My Says an error when i open multiplayer the screen just goes black for a whole bunch Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file 428324
Back to top Go down
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Open up your Call of Duty folder and there should be a file named servercache.dat delete it and it should run fine, that fixes 90% of all problems with CoDMP
Back to top Go down
YONATAN1000
Double Clanner
YONATAN1000

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:03 pm

i only see call of duty single player multiplayer uninstall i dont see nothing else
Back to top Go down
YONATAN1000
Double Clanner
YONATAN1000

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

i see secdrv.sys i dont see servercache.dat oh and my computer is windows vista
Back to top Go down
YONATAN1000
Double Clanner
YONATAN1000

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:18 pm

found it Smile thx!
Back to top Go down
YONATAN1000
Double Clanner
YONATAN1000

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

ok i delated it now ima try call of duty multiplayer
Back to top Go down
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Alright man, let us know how it goes Smile
Back to top Go down
YONATAN1000
Double Clanner
YONATAN1000

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:38 pm

it says cd key in use and i never gaved it away Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file 761984
Back to top Go down
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

ya buddy has happend to me 10 times in the past year so ani gave u the right advice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file   Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Probs with version/COD multiplayer .exe file
Page 1 of 1