The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Wanna help a sorry player out?

Go down 
+9
vcodslayer
Crabby
Jackson
Aero
Last Shot
Bane
Animal
DeV
Crimson
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Crimson
RftD Member
RftD Member

Wanna help a sorry player out?  Empty
PostSubject: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 pm

For the few of you that do play with me in game, you know I suck, that I'm a horrible shot, and I don't take advantage of cover like I should. I haven't played for very long, maybe a year or so, but I'd like some tips to help improve my game. I just feel like I'm everyone's target, since I'm easy to kill, and would like to know how to prevent that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 pm

wish i could crimson but i suck too =\
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrainWreker
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm

my motto is if they cant hit you they cant kill you... so i move a lot... i often die a lot as well.. so i wouldnt listen to me
Back to top Go down
Bane
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm usually stupid and run around a lot too, but I've been trying to make myself use cover and camp out the enemy, that would possibly guarantee success and boost up the realism a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://jonlin95.blogspot.com
Last Shot
Forum Friend :)

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:10 pm

My greatest combination Smile

1. high fps
2. high sensitivity
3. crouch
4. shoot as much as you can (unless your being stealthy)
Back to top Go down
Aero
Sergeant - 1.3
Sergeant - 1.3
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 pm

perhaps the most useful hint is SOUND, use one of those noise cancellation ear bud things. i use it almost all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 pm

crimson hit me up on game ill teach u the ways of the force or do wat i do spectate craby
Back to top Go down
Crimson
RftD Member
RftD Member

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks everyone, and Hell, next time I see you in game, I'll hit you up.
Back to top Go down
Jackson
Senior Member v.3
Senior Member v.3

2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 pm

1. Use Headphones (Helps a lot)
2. Crouch
3. When you're in battle with someone, always move around
4. When you're moving around while battling someone, crouch and shoot, don't just shoot and move side to side while standing, you'll be more vulnerable if you do that
5. Spec other good people

SD Tips:
1. All of the above
2. Choose German, they are harder to see in the shade
3. If you're Russian, DON'T try to kill everybody. Plant it instead, so they come to you.
4. Plant B, you'll camouflage iin between the nets
Back to top Go down
Crimson
RftD Member
RftD Member

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:13 am

Oh, those tips are great, thanks Dark. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jackson
Senior Member v.3
Senior Member v.3

2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am

No problem Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Crabby
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I Can Be Of Some Assistance
If You Want Crimson. :]
Over The Years
I've Picked Up A Few Things.
I Used To Spec A Lot Of
The Old v1.3 Pros,
So I Know A Few Things. :s
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/?sk=requests#!/profile.php?
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Shadows are useless when your opponent maximizes brightness. German has defense advantage: holding a position is easier than taking it.

High FPS, resolution, hertz and bandwidth are helpful.

If you have a ball mouse, touch pad or joystick then ditch it and get a lazer mouse.

Settings don't stop at the main menu. Are you familiar with console?

Good sensitivity: moving the mouse from one end of the pad to the other rotates your character 180 degrees.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vcodslayer
Morris
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Morris

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Me thinks that Crabby, Craig and Divine should hold a workshop on how to play CoD rifles :O. I'd be the first to sign up for sure!
Back to top Go down
Divine
*Evil* Member
*Evil* Member
Divine

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:43 pm

haha morris

well i never used to pay attention to crosshairs when i played until i played 1.5. 1.5 registers a shot when you hit someone. 1.3 does sometimes. i thought 1.3 registry was decent on most servers until i played 1.5. so in 1.3 i figured out the smaller distance apart taht your crosshairs are, the more accurate. now i focus on letting my crosshairs contract and then move them to the target, instead of waiting for the target to move into them. of course its kind of hard to do when theres laggers like tony out there :P feel free to spectate me in game if you dont quite understand what im saying in the above statement.
Back to top Go down
Morris
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Morris

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Divine wrote:
haha morris

well i never used to pay attention to crosshairs when i played until i played 1.5. 1.5 registers a shot when you hit someone. 1.3 does sometimes. i thought 1.3 registry was decent on most servers until i played 1.5. so in 1.3 i figured out the smaller distance apart taht your crosshairs are, the more accurate. now i focus on letting my crosshairs contract and then move them to the target, instead of waiting for the target to move into them. of course its kind of hard to do when theres laggers like tony out there :P feel free to spectate me in game if you dont quite understand what im saying in the above statement.

I'mma start spectating you and crabbeh for sure.
My main issue is not being patient. I always want to rush..and lord knows I can't take on 4 guys by myself. I've gotta train myself how to wait..Plus my computer runs this game just a second slow..So I have to adapt to aiming with that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Crabby
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:04 pm

I Used To Game With A
2001 eMachine Model,
128mb Ram, & 20GB Hard Drive.
I Had A NeVidia Gfx Card Sole Reason
My Junkie Would Run The Game.
I Had To Play With Low Graphics,
Low Sound.. Well Everything To Low.
Turned Almost Everything Off.
Pretty Bad..
But Then Again I Manged To Drop Decent
Scores On That Crap Computer.

Now I Got A Upgrade Compared To The Old One. :]
Now I Play With:
High Graphics, Highest Quality Sound,
Video: 1024*768
I Capped My Fps To 125. :]
Still Play With Sync Off,
Bullet Marks, Etc. All Turned Off.

But Yea A Laser Mouse Is The Best! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/?sk=requests#!/profile.php?
The_Nightmare
Sergeant
Sergeant
The_Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:43 pm

My rig is teh boss Smile
Back to top Go down
Corkscrew
Private First Class - 1.3
Private First Class - 1.3
Corkscrew

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:51 am

Headphones dramatically helps. It gives you accurate position where an enemy is at even if you cant see them, all thanks to wonderful surround sound. And study the map or areas and predict where your enemy went or hiding at.

put these commands in if you didnt know them already
/com_maxfps 0 or 125(gotta love those jump servers haha)

and also, this wont really help but it saves time from loading multplayer maps.
/com_hunkmegs XXX

The value for XXX is half of your memory. The maxmimum it can be set to is 512, whereas mine is set to that as well.
Back to top Go down
vcodslayer
Corporal - 1.3
Corporal - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:58 am

Corkscrew, "/com_hunkmegs 1024" is valid. In theory, /com_hunkmegs 1000000 is applicable. I only have 1024 Mb Ram available so I can't test this theory. Big Grin

When I enter "/sys_sysmb" the console responds with "/sys_sysmb is "1024"" For you, this number may be different. Make "/com_hunkmegs" equal to "/sys_sysmb"

Its not necessarily half your memory, depending on how many RAM decks you have.

The_Nightmare, How many FPS do you get on harbor? What resolution do you use?

I like your quote, "All I care about is Sex, and CoD" - Mr Pig
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vcodslayer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna help a sorry player out?    Wanna help a sorry player out?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna help a sorry player out?
Page 1 of 1