The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Scrim Team..

Go down 
+8
NV
Romanian
Bane
codghost
Lee
Rolink
Vixen
Kellie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kellie
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
Kellie

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Almost everyday Ownt scrims Extreme and loose.. This makes the clan look very very bad because these are two strong clans in Call of Duty.
people set up random scrims and play against extreme and loose, easily.. they gloat on their forums.

There should be a couple of scrim team leaders who are good and are willing to do good decisions.. Not just choose random ownt members to play so the number of players would be equal.

I lost interest in being a scrim leader.
it's up to dingo or whoever is the leader, i heard there are atleast 3? and 3 officers?
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Last I spoke with Dingo.

The leaders where going to be

Dingo
Cap'n

And maybe 1 other? I don't remember..
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:36 pm

i am kinda agree..we need to see whos gonna scrim and not choose random players. We need another good scrim leader that can help dingo because dingo cant set up all the scrims lol.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Lee

1000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Put me on the scrim team, i just cannot sit idly by and watch us get demolished by extreme every time they show up.
Back to top Go down
codghost
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Put me too! Hate when we loose vs extreme f67
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

myself personally I don't count the random scrims as anything, Just some guys having fun.

If you want a scrim you can win and gloat about do it the right way.

Make a post on the forums of the party of the clan you want to challenge and set a date like a week in advance. Not any of this log into a server and say want to scrim.

-Vixen
Back to top Go down
Bane
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:58 pm

This topic is thrown around a lot...

My views on scrimming ANYONE: Friendly matches, whether or not they want to gloat is their choice, doesn't bother me at all that I'm not better at playing a game. I see a lot in Ownt vs. Extreme scrims that either one of their members makes a smart comment on the game being "boring", or one of ours gets mad because we are losing. I constantly hear in vent "I hate extreme", or "He's in extreme, what a loser", mostly because we just lose.

I don't think we should have a certain group of players "allowed" to play in matches, it's biased and unfair to everyone else. Earlier today, we had an extra person on our team, and he had to leave, and that makes me feel kind of bad, seeing his reaction. I should have been the one to leave, because it doesn't matter to me as the rest of you whether we lose or win. I think that we should continue what were doing, throwing whoever wants to play in there, and have fun.

I don't think I will be participating in scrims that often anymore... I don't want to be in the middle of anything. Extreme is just another group of players in the game to me, and I don't hate them because they can kill me.

Kellie, just because we are losing shouldn't make us look bad... We've been around longer than a few of the clans still playing 1.3, and we have some great members, 3-4 servers, a ventrilo server, a good website and forum, we shouldn't look bad at all... I wear the Ownt tags proudly because at the end of the day we're just a group of people that like to sit down and play a few rounds... Nothing more, matches with other clans shouldn't represent Ownt, and its not that important..
Back to top Go down
http://jonlin95.blogspot.com
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Bane wrote:
This topic is thrown around a lot...

My views on scrimming ANYONE: Friendly matches, whether or not they want to gloat is their choice, doesn't bother me at all that I'm not better at playing a game. I see a lot in Ownt vs. Extreme scrims that either one of their members makes a smart comment on the game being "boring", or one of ours gets mad because we are losing. I constantly hear in vent "I hate extreme", or "He's in extreme, what a loser", mostly because we just lose.

I don't think we should have a certain group of players "allowed" to play in matches, it's biased and unfair to everyone else. Earlier today, we had an extra person on our team, and he had to leave, and that makes me feel kind of bad, seeing his reaction. I should have been the one to leave, because it doesn't matter to me as the rest of you whether we lose or win. I think that we should continue what were doing, throwing whoever wants to play in there, and have fun.

I don't think I will be participating in scrims that often anymore... I don't want to be in the middle of anything. Extreme is just another group of players in the game to me, and I don't hate them because they can kill me.

Kellie, just because we are losing shouldn't make us look bad... We've been around longer than a few of the clans still playing 1.3, and we have some great members, 3-4 servers, a ventrilo server, a good website and forum, we shouldn't look bad at all... I wear the Ownt tags proudly because at the end of the day we're just a group of people that like to sit down and play a few rounds... Nothing more, matches with other clans shouldn't represent Ownt, and its not that important..

OMG someone who actually has my views on scrimming..LOL

Amen to this Bane Scrim Team.. 942528
Back to top Go down
Lee
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Lee

1000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Well my views on this subject changed. Compelling argument Bane. lol

I still do not like them having bragging rights when some of our more experienced players could mop the floor with them.
Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:04 pm

well said Bane lol.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Lee wrote:
I still do not like them having bragging rights when some of our more experienced players could mop the floor with them.
exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I am on the both sides..this is a game and its to have fun..but its not funny to lose always isnt?
Back to top Go down
Bane
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Romanian wrote:
Lee wrote:
exactly.

I can kind of understand the irritability of us having the potential to beat them, what I was saying is that it doesn't really matter. If you guys think we can beat them, beat them! Lol, just keep it all in fun, and give the less experienced players a chance to get off the bench every once and a while. If they like bragging to themselves that they can beat us in a game, that's them, lol. I just don't want to see Ownt members gloating about a game, it's just poor sportsmanship..

And Link, no it's not always fun to lose, but the fun is in playing the match. We can just practice, and try harder next time. Eventually, it'll happen, and I'm sure we've beaten them before, but its shouldn't be constantly on our minds.
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:20 am

I agree with Bane's argument, but my competitive side still wants to win every scrim I go into. I'm not the type to talk trash when I beat someone, I just go out and do it; and if they beat me, I'll give them credit, long as they do it the clean way. I like the idea of posting on their forums a week in advance for a true scrim with them, that way their best know when to be on, and so do ours. That kind of scrim will give one clan or the other the right to claim the title of scrim champ, but the kind that we normally set up are just friendly scrims, don't mean anything, so X has nothing on us when they win those.
Back to top Go down
Last Shot
Forum Friend :)

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:47 pm

NV wrote:
and if they beat me, I'll give them credit, long as they do it the clean way

See. thats what I do after every scrim with them, because they actually are nice(most of them) and admit right back at me. Doing that keeps most bragging rights away because it shows that we are just there to have fun and play a good game.

Also to the fact that we keep losing, we have to schedule a real one from now on. Higher ranked people only. Did'nt Dingo make a scrim team of only qualifying people? If he did we need to either set that team in effect so only them can scrim. And if not enough members are on then we can't. Just my opinion though
Back to top Go down

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Sigh, i have not been here this weekend and a feud breaks out...
Kellie i hope you will still be interested in scrim leader or captain. You'd make a great addition.
One day we will beat them.
Extreme was meant to be a skilled clan. We can beat them fairly and cleanly, dosen't matter what members we have on.

When we do scrim i do try to pick skilled players. The key to scrims is team work. <---That is possible when people are in vent!

anyway, changes shall be made in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am

yea kellie should be a scrim leader! she can help us to win Smile
Back to top Go down
Kellie
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
Kellie

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 am

Seriously, all I hear is complaints when you guys loose against extreme.
I lost interest to do anything with the scrim team.
Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 am

kellie we need you as scrim leader because you are a beast in game, you always wanna scrim and you are online most of the day. And i know probably all of us complain or complained sometime when we lose but that's cause some extreme members(not all of them) dont know how to win! I mean they laugh on our face everytime we scrim! they make comments like "Oh,this is boring" and its so annoying you cant just ignore them. We all wanna win against them, its not like "Oh lets have fun losing" lol or at least is not like that for me.
I know you think like me and thats why i want you to be a scrim leader please Big Grin lol
Back to top Go down
Bane
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 am

Kellie wrote:

Why make a thread telling us how to scrim if you don't bother to contribute? The original message seems a little like criticism to me now.
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Bane wrote:
Kellie wrote:

Why make a thread telling us how to scrim if you don't bother to contribute? The original message seems a little like criticism to me now.

Agreed, I get the same tone of criticism from her in our PM's back and forth about all this. You and I can take down Extreme Bane Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Kellie
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
Kellie

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Bane wrote:
Kellie wrote:

it's in the suggestion section.
Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:41 pm

I dont think she is being rude or something..is just an advice and we should be nice with her when shes trying to help..
Back to top Go down

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Anyway, back on topic, wish you'd apply for a scrim position kellie Cool You'd be a great asset.
Back to top Go down
Default_33
*Evil* Member
*Evil* Member
Default_33

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Don't feel bad about losing to extreme guys, they always have at least one hacker playing with them.
Even evil lost a scrim to them, mainly because of one person *couch fuji cough* carried their enitire team with like 22 points
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/suicidal.idiot
Sponsored content

Scrim Team.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim Team..   Scrim Team.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrim Team..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next