The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

My turn for help :P

Go down 
+4
Vixen
SurkuS
Rolink
Tom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

My turn for help :P Empty
PostSubject: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:08 am

Alright so basically I can’t refresh server list, and /connect doesn’t work either just sits there saying awaiting connection. Did this for all 3 of my copies and on 2 different internet connections. All my other games work fine but cod, and I’ve already tried everything I can think of so any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:10 am

master server might be down! that happened to some of us a while ago..not sure if this is your problem..
Back to top Go down
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:19 am

Maybe but does it happen to you? And also when it was down before I could still /connect :/.
Back to top Go down
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:23 am

Banned from Vcod? just a suggestion..
Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 am

Rune's time i guess lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am

surkus8 wrote:

Uh no.
A. Didn't do anything to get banned cause tommy is a good boy.
B. 1.5 didn't work either.
Back to top Go down
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am

Ruuuuuuune where are u
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:07 am

Re-install?
Back to top Go down
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:02 am

Did that.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 am

Did you try deleting server cache?
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:22 am

Yeah kinda the first thing I did lol...
Back to top Go down
Rune
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:46 am

Rolink wrote:
master server might be down! that happened to some of us a while ago..not sure if this is your problem..
This is a very likely issue, but there is a very simple solution to combat this particular problem. I like to call it Xfire. In times when the master server would drop, we all could use Xfire to get onto whatever servers we have saved or have recently played on. This solution is probably the easiest way to see if the master server is down.

surkus8 wrote:
This is highly unlikely, vCoD has nothing to do with the server list not being refreshed. That is the Master Servers job. Even if he got randomly banned he would be able to see the servers regardless of being banned or not.

Tony wrote:
Re-install?
If the Master Server is down, this is nothing more than a waste of time. Not trying to be rude or anything but a reinstall is always the final solution.

Vixen wrote:
I would have expected this to work, the server cache file has some ties to the way the server list is displayed. If it didn't work then using Xfire is your best way to get back to playing the game.

My thoughts however are that the Master Server is being turned off for good. There has been a lot of talk of this over the years since CoD2 came out. The only reason Infinity Ward would do this is the lack of people playing CoD Classic.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Rune wrote:
surkus8 wrote:
This is highly unlikely, vCoD has nothing to do with the server list not being refreshed. That is the Master Servers job. Even if he got randomly banned he would be able to see the servers regardless of being banned or not.

Actually, If you are banned from VCoD aka a VCoD Global ban, You can not see any of Vcods servers, But there are like 2 or 3 on 1.3 that are not vcod so you should be able to see those..
Back to top Go down
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Rune wrote:
Rolink wrote:
This is a very likely issue, but there is a very simple solution to combat this particular problem. I like to call it Xfire. In times when the master server would drop, we all could use Xfire to get onto whatever servers we have saved or have recently played on. This solution is probably the easiest way to see if the master server is down.

surkus8 wrote:

Tony wrote:
Re-install?
If the Master Server is down, this is nothing more than a waste of time. Not trying to be rude or anything but a reinstall is always the final solution.

Vixen wrote:
I would have expected this to work, the server cache file has some ties to the way the server list is displayed. If it didn't work then using Xfire is your best way to get back to playing the game.

My thoughts however are that the Master Server is being turned off for good. There has been a lot of talk of this over the years since CoD2 came out. The only reason Infinity Ward would do this is the lack of people playing CoD Classic.

Xfire does the same thing when I try to /connect just sits there forever. And if it was the master why isn't this happening to any of you ? Eeek
Back to top Go down
Artifecci
Private
Private
Artifecci

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Tom wrote:
Rune wrote:
Rolink wrote:

surkus8 wrote:

Tony wrote:
Re-install?

Vixen wrote:

Xfire does the same thing when I try to /connect just sits there forever. And if it was the master why isn't this happening to any of you ? Eeek
maybe god just doesn't like u?
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Go here http://www.whatsmyip.org/
send me you IP,
I'll check with vcod and see if you accidentally got nabbed.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:00 pm

firewall setting? 0.o
Back to top Go down
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Nope was working before and I didnt change anything lol, even tried turning it off.
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 pm

hmmmm has happened to me before but i forgot what i did to fix sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:22 am

Vixen wrote:
Rune wrote:
surkus8 wrote:

Actually, If you are banned from VCoD aka a VCoD Global ban, You can not see any of Vcods servers, But there are like 2 or 3 on 1.3 that are not vcod so you should be able to see those..

Woot! Vixen is correct Wink Not trying to be rude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My turn for help :P   My turn for help :P Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My turn for help :P
Page 1 of 1