The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

new computer soon maybe

Go down 
+3
Paul
Animal
DeV
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

new computer soon maybe Empty
PostSubject: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Well, i've been thinking about getting a new computer here soon, pending how much money i have after i get a vehicle and auto insurance, and i was wondering which would give me the best performance

Acer Predator Desktop

Alienware Area 51-ALX desktop

or

just you're standard Dell all-in-one or desktop

thank you for your feedback Big Grin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrainWreker
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 pm

What is inside?
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:25 pm

what i'm looking for is either intel core i7 or AMD, 1 TB of hard drive space, 12GB mem, dedicated video card, and blu-ray
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 pm

DeV wrote:
what i'm looking for is either intel core i7 or AMD, 1 TB of hard drive space, 12GB mem, dedicated video card, and blu-ray

I would go with intel i7 for sure.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:42 pm

Ok, i'll stick with i7 then, everything else stays the same, i looking for quality and decent pricing
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 am

DeV wrote:
Ok, i'll stick with i7 then, everything else stays the same, i looking for quality and decent pricing

I am not so sure how much the 1tb is worth, for the money. It would be easier to get a 500 or 640 gig, a lot cheaper, then get an external if you need it so you can use it even if you end up switching comps. My old desktop had a 50 gig hard drive, so i got a 1tb external for 80, a nice one to.

What exactly are you doing with this other than gaming?

cause 12 gigs of ram is a lot..
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:08 am

probably doing school work, and other kind of work, but mainly for gaming Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Paul
Sergeant - 1.3
Sergeant - 1.3
Paul

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:16 am

You don't need 12GB ram for gaming :O You could get by fine with 4 honestly. It wouldn't be slow for any games...

Dedicated video card... like what model? You might want to know before you buy...

Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:26 am

nvidea, dont worry paul, im still lookin around, and 12 GB for music, movies, games and other entertainment
Back to top Go down
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:43 am

lol my HP was around a grand but i got a nice 23" flat screen HD monitor, terrabite of memory, 8 gigs of RAM, nvedia GE force graphics card, and a quad core proccesor.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 am

I'm not to big on HP now, cause the comp i have by them, they gave me an integrated video card and it fried on me, i'd rather go with dell or acer
Back to top Go down
Paul
Sergeant - 1.3
Sergeant - 1.3
Paul

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 am

Or build your own like I did Big Grin

If you want one that can play recent games decently it's around 1000-1200
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 am

I was thinking about doing that, i just dont know where to go to do that
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:29 am

I can't wait to finish college, get a job, get settled, etc so that I can build my own super computer. Wink with the parts I want right now I'm looking at $2000-$4000.

I currently have an ASUS G73jh gamer laptop. Suits me just fine with the graphics work I do in Photoshop. Plus, I can play my games anywhere. Smile

The only downside to having a laptop is that the only thing I can upgrade on it is the RAM from 6GB to 8GB.

Btw... you don't need 12GB of RAM for music, gaming, and school work. It's just extra money you'd be spending that you could spend on something better.

Your most expensive pieces should be your video graphics card and your processor. I reccomend an NVIDIA 460x 1GB video memory and an i7 processor at around 3.0 GHz
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:32 am

My thing is, I want 12 GB of memory, mainly for music, and movies, considering i love both and have quite a bit, but since most of you seem to disagree i'll downsize to, about 9 GB memory XD, or is that still too much?
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:57 am

I have 6GB of RAM and I run everything smoothly, but RAM doesn't run your games... it's the video graphics card. You only really need 2-4GB of RAM.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:46 am

Yeah,idk, i'll look at all my options, but where can i go to build my own computer?
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:50 am

Go to the store, buy all the parts, and assemble them in your livng room.

That's how to build your own computer. Lick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 am

Prob is when you build you own, you better know what the hell you are doing.Its Usually better to buy one like online where they have customizing options, they have cross matched parts and know which run best together.
WTF is wrong with HP! One of the best out there! Nothing wrong with them
I think I have exact computer as cwain but with ati GfX card, me no likey Nividia.
DON"T GO ALIENWARE, Expensive as crap.
not 12 GB....not 9 GB....6 is plentyyyyyyyyyyyyy. There is a reason it is Random Access Memory. That means it doesn't fill up fast! I have six and works fine.
Processor, well I have 2800, and surprisingly there is a big difference between it and 3000. Maybe you should just buy tom's computer Eeek
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:10 pm

My current HP has 2GB worth of RAM and its slow as crap, that and HP loves to integrate video cards which is a big bust, and really, building a computer isnt that hard, just look in an older computer to see where everything goes and how it goes Big Grin..that could be my hobby cwian has been trying to get me to find rofl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Problem is make sure all the parts are new! Cause older motherboards can't handle newer GFX cards, then other things don't work with this.....and yada yada yoda
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:20 pm

It really isn't as simple as I said it was lol. Like dingo said, you have to find the right parts to go together or you'll fry something.

If you don't know how, don't just do it... Be informed, read something watch some videos. It takes a couple of hours to build it and get the cables all cleared up to get the airflow just right.

Don't just throw HP off to the side... Ok, so you have 2 GB of RAM. That says absolutely nothing. What processor and graphics card do you have? You can have 24GB of RAM and a crappy graphics card and still lag games.

Last edited by Romanian on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 pm

i could by "how to build a computer for dummies" :P lol jk, I'm looking at all the parts id need on intels site Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm

messing inside a computer is very risky, like rom said you could fry something. If you want to pick and choose what goes in, do it online. many options with great capability.
Don't just build it yourself for bragging rights. If anything is slightly bent it could ruin the whole comp.
Good thing with buying a new comp is that it has the necessary components and slots to expand and upgrade in the future.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:52 pm

I know, i found a good desktop from acer for 1999, only down side is i can't pick and choose whats inside, but it's all the high end stuff, so cheaper than alienware, and good quality computer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new computer soon maybe   new computer soon maybe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new computer soon maybe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ownt Gaming Community :: Main :: Technology/Gaming-
Jump to: