The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Rune Reappears

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rune
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:04 pm

As many have noticed I suddenly disappeared, well I'm back, with luck that means tech support from me will return. In case you are wondering why I randomly disappeared, I'm about to tell you, it's a tale of woe and victory.

About a month ago my computer started acting oddly, little did I know I was both hacked and had a major virus on my computer. The hacker got my Windows XP CD Key and the virus forced me to reformat my hard drive with a non-working key. Lucky for me I have a crappy ass netbook hanging around for things like this. I hopped onto my netbook and found that it was not shown on my network so the hacker was unable to mess it up as well, after this good news I immediately emailed Microsoft about the theft of my CD Key, they were very quick to respond and because I spent $200 on my install CD they found that it had been activated on another computer. So they deactivated that key and gave me a brand new CD Key free of charge. One problem solved, now for the more serious problem, the one that can render me useless.

After discovering that the virus that the hacker had put onto my computer was a trojan horse and a root kit combination I had no way of fixing that without reformatting my hard drive forcing me to lose some important files that had not yet been backed up onto my portable hard drive. Realizing that my portable hard drive was still viewable on my network it made me worry that the virus had gotten itself on there, thankfully it hadn't, more good news. I quickly unhooked my portable hard drive from my main computer and plugged it into my netbook, quickly viewing over ever file to double check that it was unharmed, thankfully the hacker didn't even access the drive.

All was going well until I went to find my install CD for my OS. The box it was in had moved, it took me three hours to find it. Turns out I had moved it a few days prior to all this and forgot about it. Once the disk was located I began the long process of a full reformat , hopefully completely ridding my computer of this virus. The hard drive had just finished reformatting as I was leaving for work that night, when I returned home I was greeted with my brand new desktop.

I bet you're wondering what happened next, well I got most of my programs installed and went to bed. I slept for a total of eight hours, when I awoke I sat down at my desk to find that my monitor was off, so I move the mouse thinking that it was in sleep mode, it didn't turn back on... this made me worry, no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to turn on, it had died. That monitor and I spent the last twelve years together doing some serious gaming. Now without a monitor to use I was done for, I had no way of using my computer, fortunately for me Cable lent me his while he wasn't using it so I scoured the internet to find a replacement monitor in town. I found one; the Acer x183HV 18.5'. It was only $100 bucks so four days after all this went down I finally got paid, so I went and grabbed my new monitor and hooked it up and I gotta say it's amazing.

Four days of hell. Wow, I can't live without my computer. Now everything is better and back in order. I will be around as much as I normally was before all this happened. Feel free to hit me up on Xfire whenever you guys need me for tech support, it might be faster than going to the forums.

Now I'll treat you all to a updated pic of my computer set up. I hope you all like what I've done. Can anyone guess what the black device is that is on top of the little white box on my desk?

Rune Reappears 2btvgp
Back to top Go down

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome back! Thats a story alright.
That looks like a boss setup.
Good to see you back.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Very exciting story! Glad everything worked out for you.

I found that 17"-18" screens are perfect for me. Anything smaller and I have to squint. Anything bigger and I have to sit a mile away from the monitor. lol

Nice set up! Very impressive cable management. Eeek lol

Can I get a full spec list for your pc gaming set up? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Romanian wrote:

I am assuming this is up to date?
Scroll to bottom

http://www.xfire.com/profile/thelawmaker/
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:48 pm

How does CoD4 and CoD:BO work on that system?

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 910 at 2.6GHz and I'm wondering if I would need to overclock it after installing the 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA 560Ti video gfx card.

Speak to me oh Tech Master. Wink
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:31 am

no one guessed, its an Iphone 4 !!!!
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:44 am

dingo wrote:
Romanian wrote:

I am assuming this is up to date?
Scroll to bottom

http://www.xfire.com/profile/thelawmaker/
That is pretty much up to date.

Romanian wrote:
How does CoD4 and CoD:BO work on that system?

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 910 at 2.6GHz and I'm wondering if I would need to overclock it after installing the 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA 560Ti video gfx card.

Speak to me oh Tech Master. Wink
I know CoD BO works like a charm on full graphics on this comp running at 60+ frames. Not sure about CoD4, Cap'n still has my copy of the game.

MAXMAN wrote:
no one guessed, its an Iphone 4 !!!!
Very close.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:58 am

iPhone 3GS? Big Grin

If CoD:BO works on full graphics, CoD4 shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:03 am

Romanian wrote:
iPhone 3GS? Big Grin

If CoD:BO works on full graphics, CoD4 shouldn't be a problem.
Still wrong on the guess, but still so close. CoD4 may run different since it has a bloated engine.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:33 am

iPhone 3G?

From what I've seen from others, I can safely overclock it to 3.12GHz without increasing voltage. I hope I can run CoD4. It's the best Modern Warfare game I know.

If you have a chance to test it before I upgrade, let me know how it runs.
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:54 pm

HA its a ipod touch i have the same thng like it as i looked at it like that as well
Back to top Go down
Weston
Sergeant - 1.5
Sergeant - 1.5
Weston

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:08 pm

too confusing and big words for me here o.o ur setup looks clean compared to me lol :P im just one poor mofo Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rune Reappears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Reappears   Rune Reappears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rune Reappears
Page 1 of 1