The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Made me sad :\

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Strong
Major
Major
Strong

Forum Administrator -
1000+ Posts -
Artist -

Made me sad :\ Empty
PostSubject: Made me sad :   Made me sad :\ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 am

I know I don't have it the worse Lick but this was a personal essay we have to do for English 2 and I want to know your opinions on it. The topic was events that changed your life. It made tears come to my eyes when I typed this up Eeek

Rough Draft | Personal Essay | Joseph Haley
There I was, sitting in the hospital bed, my mom crying, not leaving me for an instance. It all started around my birthday at the age of 9 going onto 10, I was getting gravely ill, looking almost albino every day. Puking, feeling weak, and feeling like utmost crap was now part of my daily routine. My mom always reminds me when she noticed that I was getting really sick; I was a blind wise man at a school play, my mom later recalled at the hospital “I knew something was wrong when you were on stage, you looked like you were in constant thirst and you were very pale,” this was about 4 months after the play, she was just now realizing the connection between it and the symptoms I was having.
After missing about 1 – 2 weeks of school due to my sickness, and one day waking up, going through my daily “get-ready-for-school” routine, she took my sister to the bus stop for middle school, I puked all over the bath room. By then my mom had had it, she called in to my school and requested I be off another day, but with different reasoning this time, she said I was going to see immediate medical attention. That’s when time sped up instead of the usual reaction of it slowing down, I don’t remember much from getting in the car to being at the Doctor’s Office in the office, he was talking to the nurse and said something along the lines of getting a Glucose Kit, at that time I had no idea what that was. They pricked my finger with this weird looking needle, after this he had a deep sigh and asked to see my mother outside, I sat there for what seemed like an eternity, when she came back in, she was white and grimmer than ever. She told me that we had to go to the hospital a.s.a.p. She avoided telling me what was wrong until we got back to our house and asked why we were packing; she sat me down and told me that I was diagnosed with Type-1 Diabetes and that I was going to the hospital for treatment.
Once again time sped-up and the next thing I can remember was sitting in a room in the ER, my whole family sitting around me while I sat on the table that are standard issue at the hospitals. It seemed like days before the nurse came in to put my IV in, but in reality it was about 25 minutes. They put the IV in and sent me to the child hospital level to prepare for other IV’s and various tests. Having to wake up every hour that night was the most torturous thing I’ve been through, that was the time I cried the most throughout the whole process. That morning, the first time I was able to eat in 24 hours, I could barely handle it, my blood had been high and low the whole night, these feelings weren’t new to me but feeling them in rapid succession was like a living nightmare. That was when I realized my life had changed, looking back on it now, it feels as though I had had it my whole life, like it’s imprinted in my brain that I didn’t live without it. The whole time I was in the hospital I kept telling myself that it was a dream that I would wake up for, but in reality I knew the truth, that this was reality, I felt no emotions of sadness other than the night where they constantly checked my blood. It felt as if life was just going on before my eyes, there was nothing I could do about it, it was as if my life was frozen while people around me reacted.
The hardest part of this was when I had to go back to my house after about a week of hospital comfort. Another hard part that I still deal with is the dreams I have where I have no diseases, and how happy it makes me, I wake up in tears sometimes, but it is what it is and I can’t change it, but I can deal with it in my life. Living with it alone with no hospital guidance was scarier than me or my family ever thought. It was hectic reactions to the midnight high and low blood sugars. But with that being said, it has made me what I am today; from the friends I have, to how people view me, and how it has influenced me. For example without diabetes, I doubt I would never be this into technology or used my knowledge to a capacity. This is why my diagnoses with diabetes was a changing point in my life, and even though I would like to see what my life was without it, I already know I like it better as it is and I would never change it. In the end, this was my personal essay on an event in your life that turned me in a way were I couldn’t turn back.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Made me sad :\   Made me sad :\ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:15 am

It's a very touching story, A lot of it rings through for me though I was on the other side of the fence so to speak, when my brother got diagnosed with type 1.

It truly is a life changing event, for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Made me sad :\   Made me sad :\ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:52 am

Like Kyle said, it's a very touching story.

Is this a formal essay? You might want to do some restructuring (Introduction, Body, Conclusion).
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made me sad :\   Made me sad :\ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made me sad :\
Page 1 of 1