The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hell-Fire

Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Uh I Was Playing SW EAW FOC Alliance 2.3X Mod And I Had All Settings On Low In A 1v1 300 Reinforcement Cap
Battle. We Had About 50 Total Out And My FPS Was 12 On All Low Setting.(It Was A Space Battle).

This Games Minnimum Specs
CPU:1.00 GHZ
RAM:512MB
VRAM & VCARD:32MB Nvidia Geforce 3 Or Better
DISPLAY:800x600

My System:
CPU:2.20 GHZ AMD Athlon 64 3500+(Single Core)(2.2 Times Whats Minnimum)
RAM:2GB(4 Times Whats Minnimum)
VRAM & VCARD:256MB NVIDIA 6150LE WITH SHADER MODEL 3.0
DISPLAY:1024x768

And Im Assuming Minnimum Spec All Low Would Get 60 FPS.
And My System Is Way Above That I Should Be Able To Get
60 FPS All Max-Settings 60 FPS(I'd Be Happy To Hold 30)

I Dont Get The Logic In This. Any Ideas
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Rune's our tech expert, and I'm sure he'll be able to help you better than I can, but I have a theory that you were probably downloading a fairly large file at the time of game play.

Also, check on your video/graphics card. If it's integrated and not dedicated, that may be your biggest problem.

Rune let me know if my information is incorrect or if I missed something.

Again these are just my theories.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrainWreker
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm

My Graphics Card Is Indeed Integrated But It Is Dedicated.
Also Im Fairly Sure a 6150LE Is 3-4x As Powerful As A Geforce 3/Ti.
And I Didnt Even Have The Internet Hooked Up At The Time.
And I Killed All Non-Critical Tasks In Task Manager.
Ran A Full Virus Sweap With AVG.
Ran Rkill(A Program That Kills Malicius Tasks)
I Done The Virus Sweep Then Restarted And Done The Rest

AND ALSO I GET 45-60 FPS ON FAR-CRY All High Settings So
WTF IS MY SYSTEM DOING.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Hell-Fire wrote:
My Graphics Card Is Indeed Integrated But It Is Dedicated.

You can't have a graphics card that's both integrated and dedicated. It is, however, possible for your motherboard to have a PCI expansion slot that can accept a dedicated graphics/video card.

Okay, first, there is an "edit" option which eliminates the need for double or in your case triple posting.

Second, half of that information is useless to me.

Third, Are you using a laptop or desktop?
Fourth, how much memory does Forces of Corruption take up as compared to Far Cry, larger game software requires more memory
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Again, way too much information. Don't worry about needless information. When I ask for system requirements I mean the basics:

What OS
RAM
Memory
etc. I don't need copyright laws and expansion packs and different types of classes in the game.

Also you didn't answer my question of are you using a laptop or desktop?
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Hewlett-Packard/Compaq Presario SR2020NX Media Center Pavilion Desktop

Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHZ
2GB RAM(2x 1GB)
256MB Nvidia 6150LE Integrated With Hardware Transform And Light With Shader Model 3.0
Directx 9.0C
.NET Framework 4.0

Desktop Retail Specs(Mine Had The MotherBoard Replaced 3 Years Ago And Ram MAxed To 2GB.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-compaq-presario-media/4507-3118_7-32100275.html

Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

My guess is something is taking up more RAM than you're aware of. If you do have an integrated graphics card that's why you have a slower frame rate. If Rune bumps into this when he's on, he'll better be able to help you than I can. As for modding game configs, I don't know how to do that, and won't even try and help lol
Back to top Go down
Rune
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Let me begin by saying, holy crap, lots of useless info in this thread, I can look up a games requirements so no need to post them at all.

Now, with FoC there are a lot of issues with it, your comp should indeed be able to handle it no problem even with that integrated card (though upgrading when you can wouldn't hurt). But your system is way out of date, I saw you post that you are still using a single core cpu, when FoC came out dual cores were the standard. My suggestion too is to get rid of that mod you are using, it might be bogging down your system a lot. You need to get a new comp my friend.
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes Indeed The Mod Aprrently Has A Modded Graphics Config
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Did getting rid of the mod actually fix the frame rate issue you were having?
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm

That Would Eliminate The Point Of Playing.The Mod I Was Using Adds Over 300+ New Units
And Raises The Reinforcement Cap From The Default 45 To 300. And I Should Be Able To Handle 200+ Star Destroyers On Screen At Once Right.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 pm

The game requirements are put there for the actual original game. If you add a mod that makes it run 5 times the amount of units... It doesn't surprise me that it's making you lag.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Romanian wrote:
The game requirements are put there for the actual original game. If you add a mod that makes it run 5 times the amount of units... It doesn't surprise me that it's making you lag.
Exactly the point I was making. If you raise the unit cap you add more to the game for both your CPU and GPU to calculate for, so either ditch the mod or get a stronger computer.
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 pm

First Of All I Do This On All Mods.I Raise The Unit Cap Myself.But It Only Lags This Bad On This
Mod. And Oh Bloody Hell Ill Just Give You Some Screens[img][/img]Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Sweawf13Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Sweawf14Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Sweawf15
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 pm

And Then A Enemy Cruiser Came On Screen And All 1000 Guns Cam Online And Then the Game Crashed And Gave Me An Exception Error
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 pm

Im Guessing Thats Only Around 600000 Floating Point Calculations
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Would you mind using the edit button located on the top right of your posts, to avoid making 3 consecutive posts, again.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Animal wrote:
Would you mind using the edit button located on the top right of your posts, to avoid making 3 consecutive posts, again.

Thanks
I don't think he knows where it's at. I've told him to use the edit button before but he still hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm locking this thread, I already told you (and so did DeV). You raised the unit cap, you are causing your own lag, either get a new comp or kill the mod. End of story, your comp is a POS compared to most computers this days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues   Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars:Empire At War:Forces Of Corruption Alliance 2.3X Mod FPS Issues
Page 1 of 1