The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Stephen King

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

Stephen King Empty
PostSubject: Stephen King   Stephen King Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm

I have been a fan of King's work for many many years now, these are some of my favorite more recent King novels and short stories.

Duma Key

I was amazed at how hard it was to put this book down, and this novel quickly became one of my all time favorites. The story is of Edgar Freemantle, a former contractor who loses his arm on the job. His psychiatrist suggests a change of location, so Edgar moves to Duma Key. He picks up the long ago hobby he once had of art, sketching and painting, but something dark lies in his newly created works of art.

This is one of those books that will hook you after only a few pages, the narrative is perfect, and the story never seems dull.

More info at...

http://www.amazon.com/Duma-Key-Novel-Stephen-King/dp/1416552960/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274722228&sr=1-1

Lisey's Story

If I were forced to list my top 5 Stephen King novels, this one would surely make the list. The story follows Lisey Landon, the widow of novelist Scott Landon, who for years has only lived in the shadow of her famous husband. A few years after his death, Lisey is finally ready to clean out his study and is haunted by the memories of Scott, but are they just memories? This is a story that is full of humor, heartbreaking sadness, and an overall great story. If you enjoy King's work at all, or even if you don't, I highly suggest this novel. And trust me, you won't see what's coming, don't read any spoilers online if you expect to read this book.

More info at....

http://www.amazon.com/Liseys-Story-Novel-Stephen-King/dp/1416585710/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274722744&sr=1-1

Under the Dome

Town gets trapped by a dome, that's the story, lol. But don't let that simplicity fool you, this is an epic novel, and a long one, at around I believe 1075 pages. Don't let that scare you though, it is well worth the time it takes to read it. Released around November of last year, it is the most recent King novel I have read. Next on the agenda is Blockade Billy, which I believe is a novella.

More info at....

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Dome-Novel-Stephen-King/dp/1439148503/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274723172&sr=1-1

Cell

Who doesn't like zombies??? And what's better than a Stephen King story of cell phones that turn people into zombies?? Not much, I highly recommend this book. This is back to basics for King, going back to the gruesome gore that he became so famous for early on. There is no slow into for this book, it begins as non stop action.

More info at....

http://www.amazon.com/Cell-Novel-Stephen-King/dp/1416524517/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_5

Dreamcatcher

I don't think the critics cared for this one as much as I did. This is a story of 4 friends who share a special bond who encounter aliens on a hunting trip. For me, this was great, I've always been a fan of alien stories and for King to do one this great was a real treat for me. Do yourself a favor if you intend to read this, don't see the movie first, sure see it after, but not first. The book is far superior in my opinion.

More info at....

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamcatcher-Stephen-King/dp/074343627X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274723777&sr=1-1

I will give an honorable mention for the book Bag of Bones. While I did not find it to be one of King's absolute best, and it is very slow to get into in the beginning, after you get past that it is a very enjoyable read and a cool story.

If you just don't have the time to start a novel, and some of these are extremely long, might I suggest a book of short stories to get started on. The most recent that I have read is called Just After Sunset. Other great short story books by King include Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Night Shift, Four past Midnight(Novellas), Different Seasons(Novellas and includes Shawshank Redemption), Skeleton Crew, and Everything's Eventual. I recommend any of these.

In conclusion, lol, I know that's a lot of reading, hahhaha If you happen to enjoy fantasy novels like Lord of the Rings, you may also enjoy Stephen King's Dark Tower Series, I'm only on the second one currently but so far so good.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

Stephen King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephen King   Stephen King Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Another good one from Stephen King: "The Tommyknockers" Little slow at the beginning but it gets a whole lot better towards the end
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrainWreker
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

Stephen King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephen King   Stephen King Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:44 am

Oh I love that one too, the miniseries wasn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
execution
Private First Class - 1.3
Private First Class - 1.3
execution

Stephen King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephen King   Stephen King Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Read the gunslinger...that was ok...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stephen King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephen King   Stephen King Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephen King
Page 1 of 1