The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Marine Books

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:52 am

Idk about you guys/ gals, but the only kind of book I read is non-fiction war stories, usually about Marines. I have 3 off the top of my head, 2 about Marines, 1 about SEALs.

Marine Sniper - Charles Henderson

This book is an amazing story of Carlos Norman Hathcock III, A Marine sniper in the Vietnam War with 93 confirmed kills. He basically founded today's sniper program and first earned snipers respect for what they could truly do. This book is a summary of his 2 tours in Vietnam, highlighting his more intense combat, and other important missions, such as shooting an enemy through his scope and infiltrating an enemy General's compound.

Shooter - Jack Coughlin

Story of the Marine's top ranked sniper of the Iraq war, Jack Coughlin writes his own story, of inventing a new way to snipe in an urban environment, throwing off the previous beliefs of moving slowly and stealthily, which is impossible to do during such quick paced battle. Coughlin has 36 confirmed kills, 13 of which he got in a 24 hour period.

Lone Survivor - Marcus Luttrell

Luttrell tells his story of training to be a SEAL his entire life, then tells of his BUD/S experience, but the real part of the story is the telling of Operation Redwing, a mission to kill Osama's number 3 leader of insurgent forces. Luttrell's team is ambushed halfway through and fights in what is the the biggest loss of SEAL life in history. Book is slow to start, but once it picks up, it gets REALLY good

I highly recommend any and all of these books if you get the chance
Back to top Go down
Morris
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Morris

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Marine Sniper is one of my favorite books ever!
Back to top Go down
Zilch

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Hmm I don't read much but they all do sound interesting ,
I'll have to look into some of them Smile
Back to top Go down
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Marine Sniper is definitely a legendary book lol... If there is one up there you should read that's the one. It is a quick read, only like 100 pages, but it is incredible
Back to top Go down
execution
Private First Class - 1.3
Private First Class - 1.3
execution

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Ive read Marine sniper and Lone surviver...Both were very good...Lone surviver being like in my top 5 fav....Never read Shooter...Mite buy it tho!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Banned
Banned
Matt

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 am

Great books you have stated there mate, ever considered the classic band of brothers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marine Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Books   Marine Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marine Books
Page 1 of 1