The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Well.........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

Well......... Empty
PostSubject: Well.........   Well......... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:30 am

My COD officially stopped working this week, first it wasnt displaying any of the servers and now when ever i try to boot it up i get the fatal error message. I already tried to delete my server cache and that didnt work so im about ready to throw in the towel. If there is not a easy solution for this I'm prolly gonna just uninstall vcod and stop playing for good (7 years!!!! of playing). Why I posted this here is becuase like i said this is more then likely the last time i will play vcod so i wish you all the best.
Back to top Go down
gtbrain

Well......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well.........   Well......... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 am

The master server was down for a period of time.

1. Delete Server Cache
2. Make sure it's set to Internet.
3. Close out game.

If these do not work, you may have to reinstall the game.

If even that doesn't work, here is something you can try.

1. Uninstall COD.
2. Make a new folder, you can name it whatever you want, whether it be COD or Cheese.
3. Open the newly made folder and at the top there is a bar that has the location. (EX:C:\Users\Gunnar\Downloads] Click the bar and it will change it to something like the example I made. Copy this, you will need it for installation.
4. Run installer. Do it how you would normally do, except when it get to the "Download location" change it to the link you copied. A message will pop up saying "Folder already exists, still install?" Click yes.
5. Call of Duty should work now.

Usually re-installing fixes it all. If you have the previous config_mp file in the main folder, you can bring it over to the other main folder and keep the binds from the previous game. The information of the binds are controlled in that file.

Back to top Go down
Rolink
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Rolink

2000+ Posts

Well......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well.........   Well......... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:02 pm

yea i had the same problem a while ago..it fixed for itself so yea you should give it time
Back to top Go down
NV
Sergeant Major - 1.3
Sergeant Major - 1.3

Well......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well.........   Well......... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, I had the same thing for awhile Cwian, just like Link said, and it was the master server's issue. I just had to wait a couple weeks, and then it corrected itself. If nothing else works, just give it some time, and then it may come back lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well.........   Well......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well.........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ownt Gaming Community :: Main :: Those that will be gone-
Jump to: