The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

About:Catching CoD Hack Users

Go down 
+7
Divine
Purple Haze
Vixen
Bush
Morris (old acct)
Torque
Sway
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sway
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
Sway

About:Catching CoD Hack Users Empty
PostSubject: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 am

Hey guys.

I know I'm just a stupid nooby private and just got in but I have been playing the original CoD not long after 1.3 patch was released (4-5 years). I just thought I'd like to share some experiences with ya, if you don't mind =)

Wallhacks:

From my experience I've found that wallhack users are near impossible to catch if they are careful and many times people who do not hack get mistaken for wallhack users. Catching a real wallhack user takes time and careful review while spectating the suspect. Throughout my years, I have been labeled a "wallhacker" countless times and subsequently banned from many servers in 1.3 and 1.4.

Commonly mistaken "wallhack events":

-Using sound as detection: This is how most people get labeled as a hacker by n00b$, if you don't crouch then you'll make sound. Switching weapons make sound. Reloading makes sound. Team commands make sounds. Falling down makes sounds. Even jumping makes sounds. Anything which you hear your in game character making sounds will most definitely make sounds others can hear. Sometimes an experienced player will use sound to many advantages, such as while leaning out from a box or even prefiring an opponent.

-Prefires: Prefires are one of those iffy things that look really suspicious, many times its really hard to distinguish between a legit prefire and a hacked one. However, most of the times a legit prefire is based on if the opponent has shown himself to the suspect or made a sound subsequently catching the suspect's attention and thus prefires can occur in more experienced players.

-Leaning out while aiming directly at the opponent: This is what I thought only "hackers" can do while I was a n00b myself but after years of playing, even I do it now. This is based on judgment of where players are peaking out (often behind boxes or ledges). I personally tend to look downwards when I lean out the first to open areas not knowing if anyone's there and I often catch people who are proned. However, there is a way to distinguish these events from being legit or "hacked". Most hack users already know beforehand where the opponent is, therefore when they look out and already aimed directly at the opponent, they tend to react without hesitation while legit players take some time to react (however, some experienced players have lightening reflexes to the envy of others).

-Something to keep in mind: Wallhack users know where the opponent(s) is, legit players do not. Wallhack users can easily disguise themselves as legit and pretend not to see the opponent while being careful that they do not get shot. Even though they noticed someone they can act as if they didn't to throw off admins and players who are suspicious. Legit players act on instinct and reflexes and react to everything they see (especially experienced players).

How to catch wallhacks

So you ask, how does one catch a wallhack (or wh) user? Its extremely complicated. Many times, videos made using recorded demos often do not show enough footage to accurately determine if the suspect is indeed using a wallhack. Sometimes even killcams do not show enough footage. The suspect may have seen the opponent before the duration of the killcam length and had a advantage knowing where the opponent was.

Wallhacking remains the most controversial hack program and every day, many innocent legit players get banned for wallhacking and many wallhackers remain undetected.

Aimbots

Assuming the suspect isn't "toggling" the aimbot, aimbot users are the easiest to catch. If you want to see an aimbot in action just search up aimbot in youtube. All first person shooter aimbots work in the same way. The center point of the player's screen is automatically aimed at the opponent, often the head. This may cause the user to spin to a new opponent if they come on screen (or if they are behind the user, some bots work 360 degrees).

If the user is toggling, this is harder to catch. Toggling means they turn it off and on through the use of quick-keys. But when the aimbot is toggled on, if more than one opponent appears, the aimbot will spin to a new opponent when the opponent its currently fighting is moved off screen.

How to tell if someone is aimboting:

Using an aimbot will cause the user to move the cursor to the place where the opponent pops out of. If a player is aiming at a location which you are not in and you pop out, if the player quickly moves his cursor to where your head is (or other part of your character model's body) and shoots, often not missing then you have reason to suspect the other player--especially if this happens on more than one occasion since some people are just lucky or "skilled". Most skilled players cannot do this repeatedly because its just damn near impossible, especially if you don't have much of your body exposed.

The biggest major mistake in catching hackers:

Many times, when a player is banned, admins and players alike act illogically based on emotions. Few stop to think about impostors who may wear the tags of the player they are trying to get banned. I know of a player a few years back who got many experienced players banned from popular 1.3 servers by wearing their tags and using hacks in the servers.

However, there is a solution to this. If an admin is on site, they can ban via IP address or GUID instead of banning by name (or player tag). If a player comes "back" into the server baring the name an admin just banned, keep in mind that they may have had an impostor and the impostor was banned instead of the real player.

Best way to catch a hacker instantly:

Have them take a screenshot via the F12 key and send it to you immediately. However, I realized after people got Windows Vista (piece of donkey stools), that they cannot save screenshots taken with CoD program unless they start CoD as administrator. I have Vista and I rarely remember to right click the shortcut and click on the stupid goddamn run as admin thingy. But you can tell them to run CoD as admin and then if its still suspicious, have them take a screenshot and send it to you right away with them looking at the scores and keeping your message on CoD in the screenshot. (if there is a demo thing running on the bottom, that means they could have logged out and taken a screenshot with no hacks turned on).

Thanks for reading, that is all <3

Keep in mind that some hack users are very very cunning and can keep their hacks a secret, therefore hack users can behave differently than I mentioned above. Furthermore, the PunkBuster feature in 1.4 and 1.5 does not catch all hack programs and going into a PB server without being kicked for hacking doesn't mean they don't have hacks.

~Theres probably lots of grammar or spelling errors =P

Last edited by Sway on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Torque
Retired
Retired
Torque

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:16 pm

BIG THANKS TO SWAY! Im sure that will help a lot of people figure things out. You described these hacks as accurately as a manual made by the hacking programmer would describe the hack. Very good and thanks for helping out the people who dont know as much have havent been around as long Smile
Back to top Go down
Morris (old acct)

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Thank's Sway Smile
Back to top Go down
https://owntclan.forumotion.net
Bush
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm

good job, now maybe i wont have to deal with 10 false acusations per night from some ppl.. jk
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 am

Nice job ty Big Grin I stickied it Big Grin

Last edited by Vixen on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com
Purple Haze
Sergeant - 1.3
Sergeant - 1.3
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:57 am

very usefull information.
Back to top Go down
Sway
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
Sway

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:35 pm

oh, here's a video of me "hacking" made by mben

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUnrzReAua8

my tags were changed when my friend came over and played and i didn't bother changing them back.

it was me in the video but i was fooling around

i was in 31st at the time
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Leader
Leader
Vixen

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
5000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Sway wrote:
oh, here's a video of me "hacking" made by mben

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUnrzReAua8

my tags were changed when my friend came over and played and i didn't bother changing them back.

it was me in the video but i was fooling around

i was in 31st at the time

I remember this.. I was in 31st at this time too..lol
MBEN needs a better taste in music...
Back to top Go down
http://www.owntclan.com
Divine
*Evil* Member
*Evil* Member
Divine

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm

lol i didnt know you were in 31st sway lol. I also didnt know that you played autos lol
Back to top Go down
Sway
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
Sway

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:22 pm

i don't "play" autos, i always fool around in autos.
i normally try doing jumps and stuff in autos, i think mort was in the server with me the other day when i finally did the nade jump in carentan =P
Back to top Go down
cudi

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:45 pm

very nice ... wish slayer could of read this before he accused me
Back to top Go down
Bane
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:23 pm

cudi wrote:

Does it matter, you were hacking we know for fact, and you were banned for it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://jonlin95.blogspot.com
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Bane wrote:
cudi wrote:

Does it matter, you were hacking we know for fact, and you were banned for it. Smile

actually, he's got a few server admins vouching he doesnt hack bane...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrainWreker
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Bane wrote:
cudi wrote:

Epik Phaile...
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
cudi

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:05 pm

bane i have nothing against u but how was i caught hacking? plz tell me...even though im banned from ownt server i have nothing against any of you those of you i talked to or played with u guys are still cool it just sucks that just from one person who thinks i hack now everyone thinks im a hacker so now i feel like i have to bring down my skill level just so people stop tripping on me and thats ridiculous now i know how sway must have felt like and if i did hack i wouldnt waste my time coming on here trust me i just wanna play and have a good time with everyone
Back to top Go down
Bane
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 pm

cudi wrote:
bane i have nothing against u but how was i caught hacking? plz tell me...even though im banned from ownt server i have nothing against any of you those of you i talked to or played with u guys are still cool it just sucks that just from one person who thinks i hack now everyone thinks im a hacker so now i feel like i have to bring down my skill level just so people stop tripping on me and thats ridiculous now i know how sway must have felt like and if i did hack i wouldnt waste my time coming on here trust me i just wanna play and have a good time with everyone

I still thought you were adness, don't get your panties in a bunch...
Back to top Go down
http://jonlin95.blogspot.com
cudi

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:09 pm

sorry about that brotha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About:Catching CoD Hack Users   About:Catching CoD Hack Users Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About:Catching CoD Hack Users
Page 1 of 1