The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Mass Effect 3 Reaction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

Mass Effect 3 Reaction Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't know if any of you have noticed recently the buzz that is flying around the internet due to the "interesting" end to an otherwise brilliant series.

In short the Mass Effect series was built on the idea that as the games progressed every decision you made in the game actually had merit and mattered and for the first two parts of this series that was completly true. As the story progressed the plot line although it followed a basic path morphed around your choices until you were to the point where you were actually playing your OWN game. Bioware, the producer of this game, preached that aspect appealing to the fans creative sides and letting them pretty much write their own story following their basic plot. The general reaction to the first two games were awe at the masterpieces that Bioware had created, and how they had somehow combined the aspects of an RPG with an FPS while not sacrificing anything towards the general story.

But now we get to Mass Effect 3 and lets just say there were some parts in that game that had me in shock to how well they were produced and written, and then there was the other parts. In all aspects this game felt rushed and the ending..... whooooo baby that ending. Lets just say that after playing all three of these games for around 100+ hours on one character alone (not counting the numerous times I repeated the first two) the last five minutes of this series effectively ruined any passion I had for this game. It wasn't just the fact that we were offered no form of a "good" ending its the fact that the ending the wrote up had absolutely nothing to do with the lore behind the series. It caused so many plot holes that it has started global outrage, and if you don't believe me check this out.

There has been an organized movement across the world under the banner of #RetakeMassEffect

so far this group has started a facebook page that already has over 31,000 likes
started a donation to the charity drive known as childs play to try to appeal to Biowares good side- Has already raised over $50,000
has an official petition on change with almost 10,000 signatures
Biowares own forums, Biowaresocialnetwork (BSN) had a poll where over 50,000 people have begged for a new ending or an explanation (90% of those who have voted)
- Biowares forum also became so hostile to employees of Bioware that they effectively shut down for about two hours this afternoon
The movement has been acknowledged by media such as Forbes, IGN, GT4, Game Informer, etc. etc.
looking on youtube alone you can see thousands of videos mocking the insanity of the ending

and Remember this game was released in North America on March 6th, it just released in Asia yesterday, already Bioware is being hurt by this outrage as prices have actually dropped on the game (Amazon had it selling for 40$), gamestops are so flooded with used copies that some of them are refusing to buy back anymore. All this has been done and the only people who have actually finished the game are the die hard fans.

But this isn't the only outrage that gamers are having towards Bioware, in fact most of this started upon the discovery that the game would have day 1 downloadable content available (DLC) that actually impacted the story by adding a new mission and a new character. They charged 15$ for this supposed optional add on, and the producer Casey Hudson went on record saying that "they had no idea they were going to include it in this game and that it was a last second add on, and it wasn't even on the discs yet." Some very skilled computer programmers actually decided to test that theory and discovered that in fact all the available content has already been written into the discs and all you need to do is rewrite a few strings of code and it will automatically unlock on your computer.... Bioware response to being caught red handed was minimal at best.

That's not the only response that is drawing outrage either, when they found out of the outrage amongst fans many media outlets have gone as far as to call fans priviliged entitled brats who don't deserve to get what we want...... strangely enough said media outlets were also the ones that gave perfect reviews for ME3 while the fans have responded by giving the game close to a 4 out of 10 on Metacritic.

sorry if I ranted a little bit there just had to get that outa my system

oh one last thing this is how I would explain the ending in simplest terms

Mass Effect 3 Reaction Yodawg10

thats why I'm angry at this game
Back to top Go down
XSniper
Senior Member v.4
Senior Member v.4

1000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Xzibit?(or however you spell his name)
Back to top Go down
http://wclan.org/index.php?action=profile
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 pm

XSniper wrote:
Xzibit?(or however you spell his name)

say what?
Back to top Go down
XSniper
Senior Member v.4
Senior Member v.4

1000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 pm

The guy in the picture... he's from "Pimp My Ride"
Back to top Go down
http://wclan.org/index.php?action=profile
Tom
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Well this is unfortunate. I was quite looking forward to this game too. Oh well, guess I’ll wait till it’s cheaper Wink.
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:45 pm

I found ME3 rather entertaining, yes the ending was a bit odd, overall though, it was a rather enjoyable game for me as were the first and second games, my opinion is bioware did an outstanding job making this game. For the game being so massive and open ended im not surprised mistakes were made, but thats to be expected of any game on this scale
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TrainWreker
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 am

DeV wrote:
I found ME3 rather entertaining, yes the ending was a bit odd, overall though, it was a rather enjoyable game for me as were the first and second games, my opinion is bioware did an outstanding job making this game. For the game being so massive and open ended im not surprised mistakes were made, but thats to be expected of any game on this scale

The majority of the game I was fine with infact the level where you retake the quarian homeworld and make peace between the geth and their creators was probally the best part of any game I have ever played.... that being said the entire concept of the ending was pretty much a slap in the face from Bioware, it seems like they got lazy or had to rush the finish product because all they've been saying for the last three games was that all your decisions mattered and would ultimately affect the end.... well they lied and they lied hardcore, I could play this game making every opposite decision of the ones I've already made and still end up with the exact same three choices at the end. Once again this would be fine if those choices had ANYTHING to do with the original story but the introduction of space magic and a random star/god child made me stare at my computer screen for about 15 minutes after the game had ended.... and then do you know what popped on my screen...

this
Mass Effect 3 Reaction Url10

I mean really...... there saying, OH hey now that we've given you no closure why don't you go spend more money on our DLC
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:37 am

yeah that's true..i'm still laughing at the fact that I got jacob killed in the second game after he got shot in the face by a collector and hes in the third game...or is that be cause i didnt import my ME2 character? lol
Back to top Go down
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:51 am

It's because you didn't import your character if you did you would still have that side mission and his character would just be replaced by a new character proving that pretty much none of your choices from the last game mattered
Back to top Go down
DeV
Administrator v.5
Administrator v.5
DeV

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD4 1.7 Player

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:12 am

oh okay, gotcha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Reaction   Mass Effect 3 Reaction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Reaction
Page 1 of 1