The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Tips for Auto servers

Go down 
+3
Animal
The Phoenix
Smash
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smash
Retired
Retired
Smash

Tips for Auto servers Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Didn't see anything posted on this topic and since there is a lot of discussion between autos vs rifles, I thought those of us who are better at autos could pass on some tips for the different auto maps. The best way to really learn the auto maps is to spectate some of the better players to see their tricks and methods. Romanian, myself, Animal are pretty decent auto players. If there are others, feel free to speak up and give your tips. Don't hesitate to give your tip.

I will start with my favorite map - Brecourt.

1.) PICK GERMAN - this is very helpfull. The grey uniforms are harder to see and those American uniforms stick out like a sore thumb just waiting to be shot. Tips for Auto servers Icon_twisted
2.) I use the Kar98 and the Thompson with the Kar being the main weapon. I only use the Thompson on that map if someone happens to get close to me. Tips for Auto servers Icon_rolleyes
3.) Set trips in the spawn points. Noobs spawn and just start running without looking. Good for a few cheap kills which never hurt. Tips for Auto servers Icon_twisted
4.) Stay out of the bunkers if at all possible(due to the fact they are usually trip wired to the max and you die very quickly if a trip goes off. Tips for Auto servers Icon_redface
5.) If you are on the side of the map with the well house, there is a broken wall to the far right, that is a good place to set up and snipe the other side of the map. Just remember to shoot and duck between shots. Tips for Auto servers 113400
6.) Use the terrian as walls. Use the swells in the ground to cover most of you and position yourself so that you can just barely see over the ground. The craters are another good place to hide. Just make sure that you move back and forth when shooting, remembering to keep just looking over the swells. If you stand still, you will be shot very quickly. Tips for Auto servers Icon_silent
7.) Look in the bushes for the tan uniforms and shoot as soon as you see a dot of tan. Noobs love to try and snipe from the bushes and you can really pick them off. Some players like to get way back in the trees and use a scope. They are tougher to hit without a scope, but not impossible.
8.) Stay away from the MG42 gun. If you start shooting them, you will probably die in about 5 seconds as the ememy will pick you off real quick. Only one of those on this map and it is on the backside of the map as I call it. Tips for Auto servers Icon_wink
9.) If you get close to someone, pull out the Thompson and light them up. Remember to shoot up towards their head. I have heard so many people complain that they shot someone 5 times and didn't die, but got shot twice and died. That is probably cause they shot the legs and got shot in the head. More damage is done to the head even by the small bullets of a Thompson. Tips for Auto servers Icon_eek
10.) If you are staying back and sniping using the kar, some of your team mates will be pressing the attack with their machine guns. When they get to close to the other spawn point, it will move. If the other team is not coming around where they just were at, look behind you as they are probably trying to flank you. Just peek over there if you can't see any targets in front of you. Tips for Auto servers Suspect

If I think of any more tips for Brecourt, I will edit this post and if anyone has any I missed, feel free to add your thoughts. Tips for Auto servers Icon_study
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
The Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:21 pm

I have noticed (Experienced ALOT...Sadly...) that there are more hit damage on where you hit the body with your gun.

Heads: Obvious 1 hit kill

Arms: about 1/4 of your HP.

Legs: Like arms but about 1/3 of your HP.

Chest: 1/2

Back: (I think you actually take less damage if shot in the back...?) 1/5 of you HP.

Excuse my math. I'm stupid with fractions Frown
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:26 pm

at dawnville there is a little spot back behind and towards the side of the church behind the wall that if you get in the right spot you can see the top floor windows on the house across the map... it is a really good trick bc rarely are people smart enough to look there
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

good tips guys Big Grin i use these most of the time
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Presto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Presto

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm

I shall post tips for tifles if there isn't any thread.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Bolt wrote:
I shall post tips for tifles if there isn't any thread.
yes please do. lol

i always like hearing how others play.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Presto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Presto

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 pm

K I will sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 pm

i need tips. i really suck. must improve. anyone offering to tutor? just wondering no one is obliged.
Back to top Go down
Smash
Retired
Retired
Smash

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 am

dingo wrote:
i need tips. i really suck. must improve. anyone offering to tutor? just wondering no one is obliged.

Dingo, my honored squad leader(suck up of the day Tips for Auto servers Icon_biggrin ), you are more than welcome to spectate me anytime you see me on any auto server. I will be more than happy to pass on my wisdom to you. Tips for Auto servers Icon_study Tips for Auto servers Lol
Back to top Go down
Presto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Presto

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 am

Same with me on rifles Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Smash
Retired
Retired
Smash

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Next map I will review and give out some pointers - Hurtgen.

This is another rifle/sniper map on the auto servers. Now some people don't like this map due to the size of the map, but it can be a good map to get a nice ratio for some of the lower promo ranks. More difficult to get high kills on this map as it just takes some time to find people to shoot... Tips for Auto servers Icon_rolleyes

1.) PICK GERMAN - Germans are in white uniforms which blend in with the snow. The Amercians are in a hidious green uniform that shows up very easily.
2.) I use the Kar98 and the Thompson - see a pattern here... Tips for Auto servers Icon_rolleyes I use the kar 95 percent of the time on this map.
3.) I don't set many trips in this map as really the only places to set them is in the bunkers, but I don't go in the bunkers unless I spawn there. If you do spawn there, you could set a trip, but everyone does so they are usually everywhere.
4.) Use the terrian again to help shield you from view. Try to just look over the rocks or hills scanning the area for the enemy.
5.) Since this map is so large, it is easier to flank the enemy. Using the terrain, you can usually run around the far left or right of the enemy line and get behind them. Noobs love to lie right on the rigdes with their scopes and they don't even see you behind them. You can usually just go right down the row with your kar and pick them off. Usually good for about 5-8 kills before anyone even sees you.
6.) People really like to get behind the rocks and snipe. Usually a good place to look for people. Follow the sound of the rifle shots and you can usually get close to where they are hiding.
7.) I usually don't move around a whole lot on this map unless I am trying to flank. There is a spot in the one corner of the map, up on a hil that you can stand on and get a good look at the whole side of them map. Again, using the hill as cover, you can pick off people coming down the hill on the other side.

That is about it for this map. If I think of anything obvious I missed, I will add it. If anyone has any other tips for this map, please add.
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:35 pm

for all weapons harbor..... i either camp under the ramp or use rifle tactics like leaning only with autos... it makes it pretty hard to kill you.... also if you go back behind the 1 box at A.... (you have to jump on a like raised platform then onto boxes then behind this box) it is a pretty beast spot because you can see top box at t-sec and you can see catwalk ... and A and a lot
Back to top Go down
Smash
Retired
Retired
Smash

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm

The Animal wrote:
for all weapons harbor..... i either camp under the ramp or use rifle tactics like leaning only with autos... it makes it pretty hard to kill you.... also if you go back behind the 1 box at A.... (you have to jump on a like raised platform then onto boxes then behind this box) it is a pretty beast spot because you can see top box at t-sec and you can see catwalk ... and A and a lot

Good tips. Harbor all weapon with 10 each team is a nade fest. Don't expect to get good ratios. Too many nades going off. You can really rack up some kills as over 100 kills is not too difficult, but you will die a lot too. People love to spawn nade there. I usually go Kar and PPSH depending on how many people are on. If there are 10 plus per side, I have seen people use MP44 and PPSH. I also like to be german as their nades are able to be thrown farther. Tips for Auto servers 311233
Back to top Go down
Networkz.inc

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 pm

As this goes for rifles,
Ive seen a few members in clan evil use this very simple stragety.
When running into an open space, jump and lay down in the air,
just be prepared to shoot before you hit the ground,
if you do this continuously, in open spaces, its very difficult for the enemy to shoot you. (=
& for somereason i believe it can glitch your range and its easier to hit your target.
but thats a belief, im not sure if this is true or not.
Back to top Go down
AfterLife
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
AfterLife

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

It does seem easier to aim while you do that networkz... I actually do it quite frequently... But i call it the "prone-jump" tactic LOL, but it does seem to make your shots more accurate
Back to top Go down
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 am

yes because not only are you hard to hit in the air.. but when you are prone you have better accuracy... so it is a win win.. just takes a bit of skill to master and use correctly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 am

you guys dont need to do all this its all comon sence use your gun Tips for Auto servers 1358
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Auto servers   Tips for Auto servers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for Auto servers
Page 1 of 1