The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PainCakes
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
PainCakes

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Empty
PostSubject: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am

Seems I am chock full of problems today...

Okay, on CODMW, it plays okay, sort of laggy, but okay. One complaint though: My driver for the ati rideon x3000 was updated, but still, the daytime in the game is pitch black. I can't even see stuf on full brightness. I have screen refresh rate set to 70

ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rune
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:23 am

Does this happen in any other games? If it does then the monitor may be ready to die. That or the graphics card (is a piece of ATI crap, long live Nvidia) is ready to die too.
Back to top Go down
PainCakes
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
PainCakes

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:26 am

No, it had only started happening in this one. All of my others work perfectly. When it was updated, it was updated to a Catalyst, whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Upon further investigation on your graphics card, I found out that it's a on board card. Meaning that is your problem right there, you need to get yourself an actual graphics card the x3000 is rated worse than my old Radeon 9250 (and that was a shitty graphics card).

Your best bet is to find out what kind of graphics card your system can support (use a program called CPUz to find out) and then finding a budget card so you can play again.
Back to top Go down
PainCakes
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
PainCakes

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Alright, thanks a bunch Rune.

Would getting, per say, a new computer/laptop also be another way to fix such problem?
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:04 am

PainCakes wrote:
Alright, thanks a bunch Rune.

Would getting, per say, a new computer/laptop also be another way to fix such problem?
Getting a new computer would fix the problem, as long as that computer has what it takes to run CoD4.

I would recommend getting something with slightly more power than just the minimum required to play CoD4.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
PainCakes
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
PainCakes

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:13 am

Alright, thanks for the advice. My parents are discussing getting me a personal gaming laptop or computer, and it would be much newer (windows xp from like, 2000 is not the best gaming comp)

So until 12/13 comes, I will be putting cod4 in the pile for when I get a new operating system

(lol, that now includes codmw and codwaw)

thanks Rune and Romanian
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 am

You should get the Asus G72 or G73. Those are great gaming laptops. I personally own the G72.

Don't buy Alienware, it's just the name you'll be paying for. My Asus G72 can run anything an Alienware runs.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:30 am

Personally I think gaming laptops are over priced, and I hate using laptops for games (since their hardware is actually weaker than their desktop counterparts). I also despise buying pre-built computers, white boxing is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:40 am

A laptop isn't the best thing to play on, but I got one because I'm also a student and I need the portability for school.

Like Rune says, it's always better to build it yourself than to buy pre-made, but I'm happy with everything I have on my gamer. Check out the specs on my xfire profile page.
Back to top Go down
PainCakes
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
Staff Sergeant - 1.5
PainCakes

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:09 am

Alright. Thanks for the tips, I will tell my parents to put those ideas into my bday list.

So if a laptop, get Asus G72 or G73

or, which Rune says is better, is building a system.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 am

Building is more fun in the long run, but you can't really get a white box laptop just yet. The great thing about a white box build is you get to decide what goes into it, takes a bit longer to finally get a build together but in the long run it's worth every penny you spend on it. You also get to learn how to build a computer from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
Default_33
*Evil* Member
*Evil* Member
Default_33

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 am

Romanian wrote:
You should get the Asus G72 or G73. Those are great gaming laptops. I personally own the G72.

Don't buy Alienware, it's just the name you'll be paying for. My Asus G72 can run anything an Alienware runs.
Ya, but alienwares looks freaking col, and come with awesome desktop themes Big Grin
Ya, but still, its not worth the extra money
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/suicidal.idiot
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem   Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Problem
Page 1 of 1