The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

All Games Go into Lag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackson
Senior Member v.3
Senior Member v.3

2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
Artist

All Games Go into Lag Empty
PostSubject: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:15 pm

This has been happening to me for a while and I don't know the cause. Everytime I go into any game, after like 30-40 minutes of playing it starts lagging a lot and plays in basically slow motion. I'm not sure if it's the fan or not...so I'm not sure what's happening to my laptop.
Back to top Go down
Nic
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Nic

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:42 pm

It's your computer overheating I had the same problem with my laptop, You can buy a Portable Laptop fan that goes under it to keep it cool.

The Fan in your laptop isn't circulating if it's in your lap make sure it can breath from the side, also make sure the bottom isn't getting to hot while its running.

If your computer starts to heat up on the bottom it'll start slowing down eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://owntclan.com
Jackson
Senior Member v.3
Senior Member v.3

2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Oh...it's burning hot on the bottom...lmao
Back to top Go down
Nic
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Nic

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 pm

LMAO!

IYeah, That is why your lagging it's burning hot and the fan can't keep it cool down if you have one of those plug up fans, try using that to cool off it might be ghetto but its worth saying about 10-20$ then going to walmart and buying one lol.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Open up your laptop and get one of those compressed air cans with a straw and blow out any dust that might be slowing your fan down.

When using a laptop, always make sure your fans have access to open air. Don't block the air flow, it's the same as holding your nose & closing your mouth and trying to breathe; can't be done.

My sister always holds her laptop on her lap either on her pants or on a blanket. It blocks the fans from getting cool air from outside and hot air from exiting the case.

Any little opening is made to stay in contact with open air, don't block it.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Nic
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
Nic

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Romanian wrote:
Open up your laptop and get one of those compressed air cans with a straw and blow out any dust that might be slowing your fan down.

When using a laptop, always make sure your fans have access to open air. Don't block the air flow, it's the same as holding your nose & closing your mouth and trying to breathe; can't be done.

My sister always holds her laptop on her lap either on her pants or on a blanket. It blocks the fans from getting cool air from outside and hot air from exiting the case.

Any little opening is made to stay in contact with open air, don't block it.

That is excatly what I was trying to say, The buttom where the battery isn't getting cool air and the hard drive, etc. are getting hot cause there's no circulation going in and out of the Laptop which is causing the core temperature to over heat and slow down.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 pm

I play on a laptop as well, but I have 2 huge fans in the back that keep it extremely cool. I never feel anything get hot.

Whenever I use it, it's always on a flat surface like a table or my desk.

(If you want to see how my laptop looks like click my signature.)

idk what your laptop looks like or where the fans are located, but try to find out where the air intake is and where the exhaust is. Try to allow cold air go in the intake and enough room for hot air to leave through the exhaust part.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
Animal
Retired!
Retired!
Animal

CoD1 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
2000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 pm

damn bad arse comp ya got there. makes me jealous.. of my dell dimension e310 desktop dinosaur.
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:50 pm

if you do like i do side sideways on the couch and hold it between your nees and it gets air from/to the bottom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Games Go into Lag   All Games Go into Lag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Games Go into Lag
Page 1 of 1